"Sugar Rush" is a movie by Jade Osiberu — The National Film and Video Censors Board is reported to have banned the movie from Cinemas.
According to a statement made by the Executive Director of The National Film and Video Censors Board, Adedayo Thomas,
"1. It has come to our notice that #BringBackSugarRush is currently gaining momentum on Twitter with many speculating a ban on the movie “Sugar Rush” and presuming the supposed action as a sign of government’s intention to stifle creativity.
2. This is however not the case as the President Muhammadu Buhari GCFR led administration Aso Rock Villa is rather in support of the creative industry and has been promoting it as one of the avenues to diversify the nation’s economic base.
3. The movie has not just significantly increased box office #revenues within a short period, but has improved our cinematic culture which are sine qua non for attracting the #investment we so much desire as a nation.
4. I however take responsibility for the gap in communication and the delay in granting final approval as the temporary approval given for the movie exhibition expired before we could release an official statement due to my preoccupation with extant responsibilities and backlog of movies requiring approval as a result of the December rush.
5. I am currently working with the distributor, producer, director and key actors to grant final approval for the resumed exhibition at #cinemas.
6. All hands are on deck and we are committed to serving your entertainment needs within the ambits of the law.
Alhaji Adedayo Thomas
National Film and Video Censors Board"
Jade has also voiced on the banned on her official IG page; she said: